Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The London Triathlon

What can I say, the The London Triathlon is one of my favorite short course events and another one has come and gone.

I had a good day and came 27th overall in the sub-2:30 category. It was fun riding past all the London landmarks, particularly the Tower Bridge and the Parliament and the sub 2:30 wave format provides some exciting racing and is the next best thing beside racing elite if you can't swim sub 18 min for 1500m.

I had a reasonable swim, although I was upset with myself for loosing the pack I was in at the turnaround buoy and coming out of the water in 26:30.

The bike was much better and I went full gas straight away and was passing easily. A planet-x sponsored athlete came past me after the first lap and I tried to stay with him but couldn't, so I just kept my rhythm and finished with a 1:02 split.

I felt good on the run straight away and just got quicker as the run progressed - 33:52 run split.

Total time 2:07:41, which as I recollect might be my PB and is certainly my quickest time on this course.

Next on the list is the 70.3 Half Ironman in Wiesbaden, Germany.


No comments: