Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Adelaide Classic Pro Cycling Race

The picture this week is me on the Great Ocean Road – one of my favorite from this trip.

-------------------------------------------------------

The last two weeks of training have been quite good. 57km and 50km running respectively. The key sessions were 4x1km at 3:40 pace in Melbourne and 4x1 mile at 3:40 pace last Saturday in Adelaide. I’ve also had a couple of good swims in Melbourne with my buddy Brendon. It first I struggled to get into it, but after a while I was lapping at just sub-2min/100m LCM, which is not bad considering I’ve not really swam since October. In total 3.1km swimming one week and 4.9 the next week. Starting to feel the water again.

----------------------------------------------------

Last Sunday I went down to watch the Adelaide Classic pro cycling race in Glenelg. The race is a warm-up for the Pro Tour Down Under race starting on Tuesday and all the big teams were there. The sprint was won by a German rider from the High Road Team (formerly known as T-Mobile, before the sponsor withdrew support after the drug admissions last year from some of the old riders). Here are some pictures from the race.




… and a picture of some nice Cervelo’s.


No comments: