Friday, January 18, 2008

Second week of January 08

Today I’ve looked at my training dairy for the last year. For the statisticians here are the sums: 1,944km running (average 37km per week), 6,579km cycling (127km per week), 204 km swimming (4km per week). The average week was just under 11hours of training (10h45min). They say the devil is in the detail, but sometimes the sums and averages can paint a pretty interesting picture too. It should not be a surprise that my running has been declining and my swimming has not improved in the last 2 years.
Have a look at your training diary (and if you haven’t got one, it definitely a good investment of a few minutes each day to keep one), maybe it’s trying to tell you something…

-----------------------------------------------------

This week has been pretty mellow in terms of training. I run every day except Tuesday when it was raining heavily in New Zealand. On Monday I had a nice open water swim at Lake Taupo, but only 20 minutes – it was sooo cold!

No comments: